Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Quilting Peeps!


I am so excited to start the quilting group again this year!  Last year was a hit (at least I thought so!)  The word has gotten out what we've been doing, so we've had a few people ask if they can join the fun too!  The answer to that is WELL OF COURSE!!!  I finally got organized and we had our first class last week!  Check out my post on quilting basics.

I couldn't believe all the people who came!  They came from as far as 75+ miles away!  And they were workers too!  Each class I bring some quilts to show examples of variations of the block and ask people to show and tell, then I begin the demonstration for the month.  Well this group watched and listened to the first part and while I was sewing they got to work squaring up their fabric and cutting out strips!  Then I finished and was ready to show the next step and they all stopped and listened, and then carried on working!  In the past we've made a whole night of it, but with this group, there was no messing around!! Down to business!   They were packing up after an hour and a half and were ready to go (They also had big drives ahead of them).

They got their assignments and I'm sure will be rearing up for next month!  Each class I will teach a different baby step to make a whole quilt and hopefully we'll have them all finished by September! Or sooner!  I designed this quilt to cover multiple techniques so that in the end you'll most likely be able to look at any pattern and figure out how it's done!


I had a really hard time choosing fabric to go in this one for some reason!  I LOVE IT ALL!  One of my new favorite fabric lines is Riley Blake Designs!  I used this orange in the quilt, but they were out of the coordinating fabric and I was in a rush, so I found a fun yellow dot and green with tiny plaid to go with it! It should be nice and springy!

No comments:

Post a Comment