Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Much Fabric, So Little Time!!

     I used to get a lot more done than I do now.  I could stay up late and finish up a quilt I was working on and start a new project the next day. I have an 18 month old, a 5 year old, and an 8 year old.  I don't think I've sewn three whole quilts in the last 18 months!  That's sad! I have plenty to do though!
     I've been getting the quilting itch and really wanting to finish a project for a change.  I went downstairs in my "sewing" area to see what to do next and WOW!!  Thanks to my Mom and her quilting addiction too, I have at least 10 quilt kits to do and about 4 others with fabric ready to go.  So much fabric, so little time!
     So this is a picture of SOME of the stuff I have to do.  If you check out the background on the left, there's a desk with a big stash of fabric too, not to mention the cupboards oozing out fat quarters and quilt patterns!  So, do I shoot for the stars and tackle the springtime / summer quilts that I have planned, or do I play it safe with the Christmas / fall quilt kits that I have and hope to finish them in time to enjoy them at the end of the year!!!
     It's hard to get excited about a reindeer quilt when I'm completely sick of the snow and have a serious case of spring fever.  I need some flowers to pop up NOW! (Yes, it snowed again today!! And we were just starting to see grass.)  Check out this cute spring fabric! It makes me want to go add to the stash! You can never have enough fabric! SERIOUSLY!
     So the plan is to get into the swing of things and bust out a few quilts soon!  And I just can't do a Christmas quilt now.  I have too many half finished projects to do.  My goal is to finish off  some of these quilt kits.  So I will state for all who care to know...I will finish at least one quilt in the next two weeks!!!  Then I can head down to Mom's and fire up the quilting machine!

1 comment:

  1. I say go for the spring summer quilts. I have been enjoying all the bright color fabrics I can.

    ReplyDelete